Here is a elegant way to prepare pork cutlets and wow your friends and family with a delicious layer of tender cutlets, proscuitto ham and creamy fontina cheese topped off with a mushroom white wine sauce.
I use pork loin cutlets and pound them lightly to flatten them a bit and then season each side with salt, pepper and finely chopped fresh parsley. Then I dust the cutlets with flour and brown them quickly on both sides in a sauté pan in a few tablespoons of olive oil and butter.
Transfer the cutlets to a sheet pan and top each cutlet with a thin slice of prosciutto, fontina cheese and a slice of fresh tomato.
Place the tray of layered cutlets in a preheated 400 degree oven and cook them for approximately 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Keep the cutlets warm while you make the mushroom white wine sauce, see recipe below. Spoon the sauce on top of the cutlets and serve immediately.
Wow! how yummy is that? Hope you try it! You can use chicken or veal cutlet as well.
Buon Appetito Friends.
- 2 lbs boneless pork loin cutlets
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup fresh minced parsley
- 1 cup flour for dusting cutlets
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ lb sliced fontina cheese
- ½ lb thinly sliced prosciutto ham
- 4-5 small tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp butter
- 8 oz white or bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. flour
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- fresh chopped flat leaf parsley
- Pound each cutlet with mallet to flatten and tenderize.
- Season each cutlet with salt, black pepper and sprinkle each with fresh parsley
- dredge cutlets in flour and shake off excess, set aside on platter
- Heat oil and butter in saute pan. Brown cutlets on med high heat on both sides- do not cook through
- Transfer cutlets in a single layer on a cookie sheet
- Place a piece of prosciutto ham on top of each cutlet., layer with a piece of cheese and then top with a slice of tomato; Season top of each cutlet with a small bit of salt/ pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake cutlets uncovered for approximately 10 minutes or until cutlets are heated through and cheese has melted.
- Mushroom white wine sauce:
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add minced garlic and sauté 1 minute. Add mushrooms. Sauté until brown, about 6 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon flour; stir 1 minute. Add wine and boil 1 minute, whisking occasionally. Add broth and cook until sauce thickens slightly, whisking occasionally, about 3 minutes. Season sauce with salt and pepper and fresh chopped parsley. . Pour sauce over cutlets. (Can be made 1 day ahead; cover and refrigerate)